The National Self Build and Renovation Centre in Swindon is looking for a Helpdesk Expert to round out its team of dedicated professionals offering help and advice to self builders.
Based from the visitor centre, the role is ideal for someone with experience of working in or delivering housing on a small scale, that is looking for a new challenge.
About the position
The centre is looking for someone with experience of:
- We are seeking a person who has the following experience:
- Good knowledge of the domestic construction industry – both new builds and renovations
- Be able to provide approximate budget costs and timescales for typical projects
- Some knowledge of Planning and Building Regulations
- Experience of both traditional and modern methods of construction
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Some knowledge of VAT
In addition, you must:
- Be friendly and approachable
- Have the confidence to engage with our visitors, both at the desk and while providing short guided educational tours
- Be pro-active and help identify any maintenance / H&S issues in the Visitor Centre
- Share responsibility for opening, closing and securing the visitor centre (particularly at weekends)
About the NSBRC
The NSBRC is a unique brand at the heart of the UK homebuilding community that provides outstanding service to its customers, set within the context of a business hub, bringing together companies and aspiring builders.
Located in Swindon, on Junction 16 of the M4, our permanent Visitor Centre welcomes people from all over the UK who are designing & building their own houses or looking to renovate or improve their existing homes. Since opening in January 2007, over a quarter of a million people have visited the Centre seeking independent building advice and support.